Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Mystery Worshipper

I was reading an article on church hopping in America and it referenced the Mystery Worshipper who visits churches in the US and other countries, then writes up a review and posts it online. It is very eye-opening to read about the worship services of churches other than my own. I've been a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for all my life and have only limited experience visiting other churches. I think for awhile I thought all church worship services are kind of like mine, but I've discovered over the years that they aren't. My church is quite conservative both in its doctrine and in its worship practices. I'm very comfortable with that. I would not feel as though I had really worshipped if I visited a church with dancing in the aisles and multi-media music. OTOH, I'm sure many people would feel bored in a church without such things.

What kind of worship service (if any) do you prefer?

1 comment:

  1. I looked through their archives and found none for visits at LDS Churches except for President Hinckly's funeral . . . and the person watched it on TV.

    ReplyDelete