Monday, March 9, 2009

Back and Forth

That's what I've been doing this morning--walking back and forth in my house putting things away. Amazingly enough, only about 2% of the things are mine and 98% belong to three little someones who also live here. The floors got worse and worse over the weekend and despite some straightening up by the aforementioned someones, they still looked bad.

First thing I went around with a laundry basket under my arm and picked up everything, then redistributed it to its proper place. Next I vacuumed all the carpets and rugs and swept the wood and tile floors. Then I started folding laundry. Next I think I'll wash all the girls' sheets and remake their beds.

I invited one of S's preschool friends over to play this morning. I figured it would be easier to have two of them entertaining each other than to have just S alone. Plus the little boy's mother will undoubtedly get more done as well. :-) This is the first time I've invited this little one over and it's going fine so far. The parents are potential renters so I also want to really see what they are like before possibly turning our house over to them.

Speaking of renters, one of our small rentals came open about two weeks ago and it has been up to me to get it filled. I don't really like this kind of stuff, but it has to be done. I placed an ad in the paper, answered dozens of calls, showed it to a couple of people, and took an application. Dh is going to call some of the references and make a decision.

1 comment: