Friday, March 13, 2009

Confirmed: I've lost a friend

I've had a couple of friends here in my town, not many, but lots of acquaintances sort of make up for having few friends. I noticed last fall one of them was giving me the cold shoulder but at first I thought it was that we only passed in the hall at Church or when dropping our preschoolers off at school. Finally I realized she was speaking to me as briefly as possible and only when I approached her.

I wondered if I had offended her some way or if it were something else. I wondered if it were my dd's situation with her unwed pregnancy. Turns out that is what it was. Dd had horrible behavior when she arrived here last summer. The friend was concerned that her dd of a similar age might get some ideas, I guess. So instead of just keeping dd away from her daughter, she cut off our whole family. Dh had been friends with her husband and that has dwindled to an occasional "hello." My youngest dd was in love with her youngest ds at preschool, but she moved him to another schedule and they don't see each other anymore.

Oh, and my unwed mother dd hasn't lived in my home for five months. Glad she won't influence my former friend's daughter.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry she has treated you like this.......some people...eh??
    I know how it feels as I was ostracised from lots of people when older DD's behaviour began to escalate.

    gentle hugs

    (always remember.you still got me!!)

    ReplyDelete