Thursday, March 19, 2009

Walking the line between frugality and pack rattery

I subscribe to a couple of blogs and this article was referenced in one of them. I am definitely a stockpiler, especially when it comes to food and personal care items. I just don't want to pay full price for them and I don't want to run out. Since we are planning a move in a few months, I've put my mind to reducing the food supply in the house and am doing pretty well. I do fear I won't empty the freezer before we go, although we have moved it with a certain amount of food in it in the past. Quick truck ride, plug it right back in again. This time I want to defrost it though, so my goal is to get that thing emptied!

I try hard not to get overly pack ratty with other things, with varying degrees of success. I'm better than I used to be though. However, I do want to get a supply of . . . fabric! I want to make quilts without having to go out and specifically buy the fabric for each one. I want to have choices. Maybe I'll have room for that in our next house.

1 comment:

  1. ahhhhhhhhh I knew the quilting thing would bite you too!!!!


    hugs

    ReplyDelete