Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Cat in the Hat's visit and a guest reader in the first grade classroom

The celebration of Dr. Seuss's birthday seems to be really wide-spread this year in the USA. E's teacher is a particularly big fan of his work so I expected a big celebration, but C's teacher is making a fairly big deal of it too. E's teacher set up a schedule of parents to come in and read to the class. We could bring in our own Dr. Seuss book to read or read one of hers. Since I know she plans to get through every single book he wrote I figured it would help her schedule to just read whatever she put in my hand. This one was something about McElligot's pool which is a new one to me but easy to read and fun for the children. You can see E was pretty happy with the visit from the Cat in the Hat. And now you can see why I like to be in charge of the camera--I delete all the pictures of myself I don't like!

1 comment: