Monday, March 30, 2009

Easter dresses




I decided I wanted Easter dresses for the girls this year. I know it's a tradition in some families to have new clothes every year for Easter but that hasn't been my tradition. Anyway, I got online with LLBean and Lands' End and just didn't love anything they had. Instead I decided to take a look at Walmart in the fabric department to see if I could find a pattern that wouldn't drive me crazy and some fabric of decent quality.


I let the girls choose their fabric with my retaining the first right of refusal (I said "no" to the black with red hearts that C wanted) and this is what they came up with. The pink is S's and I made it up today. Surprisingly the pattern was true to size, at least in her size. My experience with patterns is that they run large. I hope to get the other two dresses finished this week so I don't put it off until the last minute.


While we were at the store we stopped by the shoe department and got shoes to go with each piece of fabric. S got the shoes pictured (her photographing skills at work here) and the older two chose some shiny thong slip ons.



2 comments: