Friday, August 21, 2009

Yogurt and school

A little shout out here--I got a free sample of this yogurt and it was very tasty. Here is the information they suggested I put on my blog ;-) -- Make snack time a treat for your taste buds and your waistline
50 calories + 0 grams of fat + 5 grams of fiber = zero guilt
Four delicious flavors — Strawberry, Vanilla, Peach, Key Lime Pie
I think even my old friend GWP might like it. Just wait, next I'm going to accept the incessant offers from Google to put ads on my blog. Keep waiting, I have no plans to do that. Unless I change my mind of course. :-)

It's been odd to have the house empty after the girls go out the door in the morning. After the sustained rush of getting them out the door I've:

  • napped
  • checked email
  • applied for a job
  • gone Visiting Teaching
  • gone grocery shopping
  • attended a religious study class
  • gone to a pot luck luncheon
  • done paperwork
  • worked

I can see I'll get accustomed to this new life. The girls like school so far and I'm surprised that I like having C and E in the same class. I feel like I'm getting the real scoop on what's going on in the class when I get both girls' input. Homework is easier too, now that it's the same assignment for each girl. My friend Ann has been doing this with her twins (same age as mine) since the beginning and I'm thinking she was on to something early. They both like having the other in the class, so if by the end of the year the teacher agrees it was a good idea, I'll probably do it again. Of course, if we stay here it may be a moot point because the reason they are in the same class this year is because there is only one second grade class at the school!

5 comments:

  1. How am I to interpret "old" friend and a "Fiber" yogurt ??? -gwp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list of accomplishments. Is the job the one we discussed?
    dx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realized it looks like I've done all those things TODAY. I've done all those things this WEEK. LOL

    gwp--you have kept your finely honed wit.

    dx--yes, it is, although it looks like I may end up with a different one. Long story on that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gwp--perhaps I should have said "long-term" friend. Do you realize you are one of my "longest-term friends"? We met about this time of year 30 years ago. Gulp. Only my family, Teresa, and Sharon beat you on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 30 yrs ago - are you sure we were in Nursery together ?? Funny, the 1st memory I have of you is in Sunbeams :)
    ..... Wow, where does the time go? -gwp

    ReplyDelete