Monday, August 3, 2009

Sappy entry

Okay, I know all the other parents are going to say, "DUH K!" but here goes: kids grow up really fast. I didn't say "too" fast, but there is an element of that in there as well.

I've been going through the girls' things getting rid of toys, costumes, clothes, and shoes they don't use or have outgrown in one way or another. I can remember so easily when they did use those things and they were just right for them. There are still a very few toys and clothes left from the big kids and it's amazing to think that the little children who used them are now finishing high school or out on their own or married and parents themselves. I think it's especially noticeable to me because I have both my big kids and my little kids so while I am already a grandmother, I don't think of myself as being particularly old because my baby is only starting Kindergarten this year.

Something that I need to keep in mind also is that Kevin used to drive me crazy with his behavior, although he was always a very sweet and kind boy. Now that he is going to be a senior in high school, he is laid-back and a very sweet and kind boy. When the girls threaten to send me over the edge I need to remember how nicely Kevin is turning out and expect the same from the girls as well and remember time is flying. But ask me about the broken postal scale later, okay?

1 comment: