Saturday, August 1, 2009

Back-to-school rite

I've never specifically gone out and purchased school shoes for the girls in the weeks before school, but the girls' shoe situation is pitiful at the moment. Practically everything is worn out or outgrown. Since we have lots of shopping options now that we are in a big city, we went to Stride Rite at the mall. I expected to pay about $40-$55 for each pair but I didn't! They were having a buy one/get one half off sale and many of the shoes were on sale as well. Because of that sale we were prompted to buy C a pair of dressier shoes as well as some sneakers. As the biggest child, she doesn't get hand-me-down dress shoes and usually gets new ones (like Mary Ingalls). Those ones were actually the only ones we paid full price for. They were $50. (ouch)

Her sneakers were the least expensive at $7.97 with the half off and a store sale, but I don't see them on the Stride Rite site. I don't love them but she does and they have leather uppers, so we got them.

E tried on a couple pair of sneakers and chose these ones. I like them a lot and think they look cute on her.

S chose some Nike sneakers that also are not on the Stride Rite site. They were dh's favorite and he was hoping one of the girls would choose them. They are similar to E's but not as pink. Total, including tax was only around $100 which is not bad for four pair of quality shoes.

I also bought a light green Gymboree shirt for school as well. It fits C now, but the quality is such that eventually all three girls will wear it, I'm sure.

I'm not worried about other clothes because it is so hot the girls will be wearing shorts and skirts for a couple of months, I'd guess. I'll worry about new jeans and that sort of thing when it cools off a bit. The other night dh and I bought all the girls' classroom school supplies. We are just about set for school on August 17th.

2 comments:

  1. Well! That is an early start for school. Surely there is air conditioning.
    dx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is air conditioning but I'm also thinking about recess times and their walking home in 105 degree heat after school. It's just too hot to wear jeans and heavier clothes like that for awhile.

    ReplyDelete