Monday, August 10, 2009

College tour

Another rite of passage happened today. Kevin is headed back to his father's house this week to start his Senior year of high school and I wanted him to take a look at the local U. Over the weekend I made a reservation for five--Kevin, the three little girls, and me--to take a guided tour of the campus.

We arrived at 10 am and enjoyed a spirited introduction to the U. Then the large group was divided into thirds and each group had an enthusiastic guide to take us around. It was really hot, but the tour went in and out of buildings that were well-cooled, and each of us had been handed a bottle of water as we left the gathering room, so it was fine. Each of the teens was given a packet of information and included was a coupon to buy a school T-shirt for $5. I'm not stupid. I bought Kevin a shirt.

He liked the school a lot. He's also looking at BYU Provo/Idaho, as well as a college in his father's city. He has the grades, classes, and extracurricular activities to get into any of them, in my opinion. I can't wait to see where he chooses.

2 comments:

  1. Is this the U of A or AS? Or something else?
    dx

    ReplyDelete
  2. U of A

    Oh, whoops, I'm in with Kevin's account.

    ReplyDelete