Tuesday, August 18, 2009

How do you mend . . .

. . . a broken washer? la-la-la I had a mountain of clothes to wash today so I got started as soon as the girls went out the door to school. The third load rinsed and then it looks like the pump or something went out. There was a lot of water in the tub and it won't spin. It's a Kenmore Elite HE3 washer.

I just went in to unplug it to reset it. It might be working. It drained and is spinning right now . . . . Stay tuned.

The reason I have time to do laundry now is the girls went back to school yesterday. Well, I should say C & E went back and S went.

Can you tell who was just a little bit excited to be starting school? Actually, all three are delighted to be going. Their school is a small one and there is only one second grade classroom so C & E are together for the first time in elementary school. So far so good.

And so far so good on the washing machine front. I bravely put in a load of jeans and I'll see what happens. Those are going to be a bear to wring out manually if I have to do what I did with the load of colors. Crossing my fingers here.

edited to add: misplaced optimism above. Boohoo

4 comments:

  1. school.....all of them...
    nahhh can't be!!!!

    Hope your washer is easily fixed....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls look absolutely wonderful!
    dx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute (and grown up!) are they!?!

    I hope your washer is an easy fix. Do you have a clothes line there like you did in G?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately I had to schedule the repairman for today. Oh well. No, I don't have a clothesline yet but I did buy a drying rack and between that and draping things over the lawn chairs, I have room to hang about everything. If I have something big like sheets I can lay them on the net covering the pool. That works surprisingly well.

    ReplyDelete