Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Syncing

I used to think I was pretty technologically savvy, but I'm afraid as I've gotten older I haven't kept up with technological advances. I think MP3 players are a spiffy invention and I use mine almost every time I go out walking. But!!! Loading and unloading it is a pain in the neck for me. The concept is very simple, but either I'm a nut or the software I use is painfully user-unfriendly. Could be either one. I found out the software that came with my MP3 player (Samsung) is woefully inadequate. After trying different players, I have found Windows Media Player to be the best one for me. I have ten CDs I'm trying to download onto my MP3 player. It took me about an hour to download all ten to my computer and now I'm sending them to my device. V-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y. I can see I'm going to have to leave my computer on all night so it can work while I sleep. I have only 1 gig, but I hope I can get it all on there. If not I'll put the first six (an audio book), then the second four (another book).

Then I have to get outside and walk my . . . um . . . tootsies off so I can listen to the stories. If I get it all to work I'll list the books I finish in the "Books I've Read" list. Hint: Newbery

2 comments:

  1. well you are doing better than me!!I wouldn't have a clue how to even work one and we have 2 in the house!!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same story here, Blossom. I won't even bore you and your readers, Katie, but if you think YOU feel out of the techy loop, imagine how a person 10 or 20 years older than you is feeling about now. That would be me, and my senior spouse, who is much more clueless than myself. It is, sadly, one of the gnawing realities that reminds me of my gradual obsolescence.

    ReplyDelete