Saturday, February 7, 2009

Doll quilt




After making a twin bed sized quilt last month, I'm making a doll quilt this month. I kind of went the wrong direction, didn't I?

I found this tutorial that will guide me to make it over two weeks' time. I'll admit I already know how to finish this thing off, but decided to do it at the pace the writer of the tutorial is going to put her blog up. The girls are suddenly very interested in dolls and wrapping them up, so this is a good time to make it.

I'm excited about this little project because I finally get to use some fabric that was not bought new, but was part of clothes the girls wore. The border fabric is from a dress my mom bought Holly from Lands' End when she was a size 4. After going through all four of my girls as well as my stepdaughter, the dress was finally ready for the rag bag. The blue-purple floral was from dresses my mom and I made for my twins when they turned two. We made two of them, but one of them met an untimely demise during the time they fit my youngest. I cut the pieces from the hem area so you can see the wear lines on them. The other fabrics are from dresses I made for the twins when they turned three and the cream is from the backing of the quilt I just finished.

Stay tuned for more exciting news about this quilt. Hehe.


1 comment:

  1. I love that you are using fabric from the girls clothing......

    ReplyDelete