Monday, February 9, 2009

Conferences, pot luck dinner, weight loss

Today are Parent Teacher Conferences at the girls' school. It's going to be a love/hate situation, I know. One of my girls will get glowing compliments about her academic work, but a few words about her behavior as well. In the other classroom I'll be told how far behind my daugher is in reading and other subjects and be told (again) they are thinking about holding her back this year. Mark my words.

We had a pot luck dinner at church last Saturday. Other than its starting at 7 pm which is really late for a dinner with lots of children in attendance, it was a nice event. I like pot luck dinners because you never know what will show up. There were loose assignments to make sure everyone didn't bring a salad, but nothing past that. I found that in New Mexico if you are assigned to bring a main dish, you'll probably bring either lasagne or enchiladas/enchilada casserole. I brought enchilada casserole. I was surprised to find out that if your husband is assigned to bring a dessert not EVERYone will bring brownies. I really thought they would. Maybe some of the wives stepped in? Because of taking Alli I couldn't enjoy the dessert table like I really wanted to, but I probably avoided 1,000 calories that way. I guess that's the point, right?

And speaking of weight, I've been on a plateau for a week. I need to do something to get the scale moving again. Maybe some actual exercise? I put an audio book on my MP3 player so I ought to get out and walk around town while I listen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment