Monday, November 19, 2012

Getting organized for Christmas

A few years ago I was following The FLY Lady and she proposed a brilliant idea: Cruising through the holidays.  You pretend you'll be going on a cruise, leaving December 1 and returning right before Christmas.  Of course you'll need to have everything ready for Christmas before you leave, since you won't have time when you return. 

Naturally, I don't get to go on a cruise (LOL--don't I wish?!), but my plan is to be ready for Christmas by December 1 this year.  The past two years I have NOT been ready until about December 23 and I didn't enjoy that at all.  I'm determined to have a better Christmas this year.

The most pressing thing is gifts.  My budget this year is small, so that will help simplify things nicely.
Here is a link to the list above you can download for free: https://docs.google.com/file/d/1WEqBgrTSFeBj3KPWORNCEd3kzRHCTuMdx92Q7puAai5hJwxW6AEWBuDQFS8l/edit?pli=1&hl=en_US

Here is a link to other gift lists on the same page:
http://organizingmadefun.blogspot.com/2011/11/having-organized-christmas-and-your.html

For a number of years I've had a wrapping station and followed FLY Lady's rule that as soon as a gift comes in the house, I have to wrap it.  However, my wrapping station is not in a convenient location, so this year I'm moving it.

That's my start.  Next will come Christmas cards so they can go into the mail on December 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment