Sunday, November 11, 2012

A truly sad day for our family

Today my father-in-law died.  He was 82 and his health had declined, but no one thought today was going to be the day.  He went to church but didn't feel good, so he went home.  He felt worse so he called 911.  He died at the local hospital of an abdominal aneurysm.  He didn't linger; my mother-in-law was still at church.

I really liked my father-in-law.  He was smart and funny and loved to tease.  I think he liked me because I teased him right back and we both loved it.  He and my mother-in-law were married 60 years this September and they were a terrific couple.

From a boy with a very rough upbringing to a man with a great wife, seven children, thirty-three grandchildren, the Gospel of Jesus Christ in his life, dear friends, and hobbies, he came a long way. 

I will really miss him.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry. Please pass my condolences to B, too.

    ReplyDelete