Monday, September 24, 2012

FHE treats

I had a Family Home Evening lesson activity in mind when Bill said, "It's Fall now, how about we let the girls swim tonight since we don't know how much longer it will be warm enough?"  What could I say to that?  So two of the girls went swimming while a third finished her homework.

I baked the cookies.

Yesterday I asked one of my Facebook friends to bring me some of her fresh pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, but she refused.  She lives in Tennessee and I don't know why she wouldn't just hop on over with a steaming plate of them. ;-)  Oh, that's about 2,000 miles from here.

I figured I'd have better luck making my own, so I made the dough from this recipe last night and put it in the fridge for today.  All it took tonight was a little scooping and baking and--oh my!--the house smells like a wonderful spicy Fall evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment