Sunday, September 30, 2012

A few more details of our new fridge

When we got the fridge home and Carolyn moved all the food over, we realized it was even a little bigger than our old one.  The main thing is that we can put nine gallons of milk in it instead of only six.  Six is what we could get into our old one and that was my main size requirement.  I was delighted when I realized the depth of the new fridge was such that I could get them in three deep.  With our big milk-drinking family, I sometimes want to put nine gallons in.  If not, that allows for six or seven plus a pitcher or two.

The shelves aren't as adjustable as the old ones were, but really, once you set them, how often do you actually move them around anyway?  So it's okay.

Here is our interesting ice maker/storage container:
Well, I guess it's just the storage bin.  The ice maker is in the door above it, not on the top shelf of the freezer.  Here are the two problems:  1) it's small 2) it hasn't started filling yet.  The manual says it can take up to twenty-four hours to start working and three days until it's going at full tilt.  I have no idea why it would take that long, but that's what the manual says.  If there is still nothing tomorrow, I'll call Sears and see what they suggest.

No comments:

Post a Comment