Friday, August 17, 2012

Heaven Is Here by Stephanie Nielson

Several days ago an email from the library landed in my inbox.  I'd forgotten I'd requested Heaven is Here by Stephanie Nielson, but it was set aside and waiting for me at the library. 

I love requesting books from my library.  I go online, click "reserve," and wait for an email.  It may be a day later or a year later, depending on popularity and availability.  I think I requested this one about 5 months ago.  Anyway, then I drive to the library, park near the door, walk in, get my reserved book off a shelf near the door, go through the self-checkout that is in front of that bookshelf, and am back in the car in 60 seconds or less.  It's a great system and I use it often.
I've been reading Stephanie's blog for several years.  I didn't "know" her before the plane crash in which she was badly burned in August 2008.  I like to read her blog because she is relentlessly in love with being a mother, being feminine, and with her husband.

Her book is a page-turner because I want to know what emotion she will share next, what interesting bit of information about people or procedures she'll tell about, or what little idea I can glean for my own life.  If you can get a copy of the book, I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment