Friday, June 12, 2009

Terrified girls

A new GPS arrived for me in the mail. I took it to the garage to try it out and sat in the car for about 15 minutes fiddling with it. Suddenly two girls came at me from different directions, one through the open garage door and the other through the laundry room door. "Mom! Come quick! The house might burn up!" You can bet that got my attention! I ran into the house to my office where they had been playing on the computer. Nothing happening in there. I asked what had happened. "Sophia cut the computer cord and lots of fire came out and your Korea phone won't work!"

I settled the girls down and took a look. Here is what I found:

Notice the smoke marks and burned out part of the scissors? I assume when she cut the cord it sparked and threw the breaker. That explains the fire they saw and why the phone wouldn't work.

I went outside and flipped the breaker back and everything was fine with the office machines. I had a stern chat with Sophia about the wisdom of cutting electrical cords and sent her to bed. Dh had an extra cord so he just swapped them out. It actually was kind of funny, and I'll bet not a one of them ever cuts an electrical cord again!

3 comments:

  1. oh my stars!!I am so glad no one was hurt....
    tut tut Miss S....no cutting cords!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you _sure_ you don't believe in spanking?

    dx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A picture is worth a thousand words! Whew!

    ReplyDelete