Monday, June 29, 2009

A few pictures from today

I'm not putting up any pictures of the hideous part of the day which is the 150 or so boxes EVERYwhere in the new house. Actually, 150 is probably low. It could be as many as 200. However, they are all in the house. The truck pulled away at 6 pm, about 8.5 hours after arriving. The driver stayed an hour or two after the other two left so he could reassemble some of the furniture.

But here are the good parts: the yard. The first picture shows green lemons. I think those come on in the fall.Next are the green oranges:
The grapefruit tree is interesting because there are still juicy, delicious grapefruits on the tree from last year, but there are also new green ones growing as well:
I thought I turned the picture but I guess I didn't. So turn your computer screen. :-) This is the grapefruit tree in the back yard:
My parents had this safety net installed over the pool. Two guys came to install in and it took only about two hours to complete and it is a beautiful piece of art! AND it is tight as a drum. The "button" in this picture is the chlorine tablet dispenser:
This shows the center pulley system that is used to tighten the net after the edges are hooked down:
The edge is kind of scalloped after they cut away the extra net. The edge is double bound. It's very, very secure. The blotches are just wet concrete:

Tomorrow one of my online friends is going to come help me do some unpacking. The same thing happened when I moved to Gallup--an online friend came to help me. No one from church or anywhere else offers, but ladies I've never even met do. It is much appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. it all looks great!!Fruit trees already fruiting......WOW!!!
    The net for the pool looks wonderful!!

    If you were a bit closer I would come and help you unpack.....
    why do you have to live so darned far away???????

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the updates.
    dx

    ReplyDelete