Saturday, June 6, 2009

300 pounds lighter

Dh's and my task for the day was to go through some of the (many) boxes in the garage to see if we could get rid of any. Our potential new house has only a carport and we are firmly dedicated to using half our garage for storage. That's really a problem for us!

A big target was books. A few years ago we inherited a large quantity of hardback books from around the turn of the 20th century. They were interesting to look at and we saved a few we'll read, but in reality, they were just sitting around so we sent those to the thrift store. We went through boxes of children's books and got rid of some of those. (No Mom, I didn't get rid of any of your Oz books. I'd never do that.) I got rid of some of my teaching resource books. If I ever go back to teaching I can probably get what I need off the Internet. We got rid of a humidifier. We ditched a cut glass punch bowl and cups. We got rid of the last of S's baby clothes. Two of the three bikes we've been hauling around for years are history.

It felt good. We no longer have to be responsible for those items and as the FLYlady says, they've been released to bless someone else.

And . . . we realized the carport has a "pool house" behind it that instead of being used as a fifth bedroom and bathroom could be used as a storage area with a pool shower and bathroom. :-)

2 comments:

  1. AND - There are other books that had better not be donated. If there are any that would be appropriate to donate to our tenants, save them for me. I don't think Miss Suzy fits their lifestyle.
    dx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd better be specific about what other books are not to be donated or they just might be . . . .

    ReplyDelete