Sunday, June 28, 2009

Church today

Dh had visited our new ward but this was my first time. I LOVE our new ward! It's huge, for starters, clear back into the overflow area at the back of the chapel. There are older folks, middle-aged families with teens, and lots of young couples with babies and toddlers. They were very friendly as well.

I thought I'd died and gone to heaven when I heard the music though. The Sacrament Meeting music conductor is wonderful with just the right amount of emotion and the congregation SINGS. Two of my favorite hymns happened to be on the program. The opening song was As Zion's Youth in Latter Days which has the same melody as a beautiful song our choir in Salt Lake City sang. Boy, was I surprised to happen upon the same melody with different words right in our own hymnbook a few years ago! Then the sacrament hymn was my favorite song in the whole book which is We'll Sing All Hail to Jesus' Name. I was sitting in front of a wonderful tenor and a gentle, melodic alto and the song was so beautiful it actually brought a tear to my eye. Trust me, that doesn't happen often!

There has been a recent ward reorganization and there were about 25 new callings announced today. That gives me great hope for the future as a frustration with my former ward was the ultra-slow process for callings.

The whole church experience today was, well, "divine."

3 comments:

  1. I know how music can such a balm to the soul.............I am thrilled for you!!!

    ausie hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful. How does Primary look?

    dx

    ReplyDelete
  3. dx, I only got a glance at Primary, but it looked a lot more organized than I'm accustomed to.

    ReplyDelete