Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sad news this evening

Terribly distressing, actually. My former Relief Society President called me this evening to tell me one of the mainstay families in our Gallup ward was in a terrible car wreck on Saturday and while everyone was banged up, some pretty badly, the worst was that their 14 year old daughter was killed. I'm having trouble even imagining their family without their daughter in it. She had two older sisters, one of whom just graduated from high school and two younger brothers, the younger of whom was in E's first grade class last year. It's a nice, nice family and very well-liked. I'm sure there are dozens and dozens of families in Gallup and beyond who are hurting.

I know Savannah McMullin's family will be waiting anxiously to greet her again on the other side of the veil.

~sob~

2 comments:

  1. In spite of my own sadness right now, this is the first time I have felt teary.
    dx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear this............

    gentle hugs all round.

    ReplyDelete