Thursday, July 18, 2013

Newbery Award-winning books!

For a few months now I've been thinking about my assorted Newbery books, wanting to gather them from various shelves in couple of bookcases, match them up with the years of their awards, write that year on the spine, and line them up in order.

Today was the day!
I stood in front of the girls' bookshelves and pulled all the books I thought might be Newbery winners, then stacked them up in my office.  Next I went to the ALA website for a list of all the Newbery and Newbery Honor winners from 1922-present and started matching them up.
A surprise was one of my favorite authors, Laura Ingalls Wilder, had no fewer than FIVE Newbery Honors from 1938 to 1944.  I hesitated, trying to decide if I should keep my Little House books together in a set or break them up and put them in the Newbery set, and decided on the former.
 
Here is my new Newbery shelf with about fifty books on it.  There are several other books floating around the house that will join the set in the next few days.  I'm pretty pleased with it.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment