Sunday, March 10, 2013

Surprise meeting at the book fair

The girls and I were in the children's section, walking in a quiet area past the author tables when we looked down at the table and saw a sign that said MARGARET PETERSON HADDIX.

What?

She wrote my favorite book I read to my fourth grade students a decade ago, Running Out of Time, and a thought-provoking one I didn't read to them called, Among The Hidden (a little too disturbing for fourth graders, I thought, plus I wanted them to hear a variety of genres and authors).

Caroline and Elizabeth just finished reading Running Out Of Time in their fifth grade class and really enjoyed reading it.  Their teacher integrated the book into the class's curriculum, so they both know the book quite well.

Caroline and Mrs. Haddix happily posed for this picture.
Aren't they cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment