Saturday, February 9, 2013

Pinewood Derby??

Okay, I have a confession to make.  Within 30 minutes of Sophia's birth I said to Bill, "Since this is a girl, we NEVER have to do Boy Scouts!!!"  And I was very pleased about that.

So how did I get involved in the Pinewood Derby today?  I guess I should not say "the" Pinewood Derby, but "a" Pinewood Derby.
Our Primary presidency (children's ministry) decided if the boys in Cub Scouts could participate in the Pinewood Derby, why not the girls?  For me it's not a big deal, the whole equality thing, because boys have the advantage in some areas and girls in others and it seems to even out.  But the presidency went ahead and asked the girls if they wanted to participate and . . . duh . . . of course they did.
So Bill helped the girls make their cars and Caroline was delighted to take second place!


No comments:

Post a Comment