Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Pantry Challenge 50%

I think this space is going to have more food talk than usual this month.  Don't worry, I'll get back to the usual children and chickens in February.  Except for that Mystery Quilt.  Watch for updates on that soon.

Tonight was Baked Corn Dogs, a recipe Holly sent me.  You can see it on my Meal Plan Sunday post.  Mine look nothing at all like the ones in the recipe.  The recipe woman must have used the world's most absorbant flour if her measurements are correct.  My cornmeal dough was more like a thick batter and almost unusable.  I added at least 1/4 cup more flour and was able to get the dough around the dogs.
 
All that said, my family really liked this recipe.  It was almost like a corn dog but much lower in fat.  I served a trio of fresh vegetables with it.
 
That virtuousness was kind of undone by our dessert, and I went to the store to get it too.  Root beer floats hit the spot after our yummy corn dogs.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment