Monday, April 16, 2012

A surprise in my mailbox!

A couple of weeks ago I clicked on a Facebook link for the Abuelita brand from Nestle and I thought I might have "won" a gift basket, but the way the website was set up, I wasn't sure.

Look what arrived today:
It wasn't exactly a basket, but I'm not complaining! Inside was

a bag of chocolate granules to make hot chocolate with my milk
a box of chocolate almond disks to melt in hot milk to make hot chocolate
a traditional Mexican spoon to stir the chocolate and milk as they melt together
a sliced pecan pound cake
a can of dulce de leche (condensed milk, I think)
a packet of decorated note cards
It was the nicest free gift I've received since the time in college I complained that Payday candy bars said they had a fudge center coated with peanuts and instead it was a caramel center. They wrote back and said caramel could be fudge too, it didn't have to be chocolate to be fudge (hmmm . . . okay), and sent me a large assortment of their company's candy bars. See? I still remember after all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment