Sunday, April 15, 2012

Meal Plan Sunday

IHeartOrganizing visitors--here is what I posted in the comments section of IHeartOrganizing with some information about my menu plans:
I linked above to my blog where I post a weekday menu every Sunday. I keep several weeks worth "hidden" on my blogging page with an automatic date to post each one.

This allows me to have a place to put links to recipes I come across on the Internet that I want to try. I never knew where to put them, didn't want to add to my clutter problem by printing them out, and found it generally hard to find desired recipes again.

If I need to change my menu, I just cut-n-paste to move the recipe to another day or week that is still hidden. If I make a double batch and freeze half, then I cut and paste the recipe link into a menu 2-3 weeks in the future, with a note that says "from the freezer," so I don't forget to eat the meals I have prepared ahead.

I can quickly look at my menu to see what I'm going to need for the week's meals, and dh can look at the menu any time he wants to see what we are having.

I choose simple recipes/meals because I work and we have a family of seven. I love knowing exactly what we are going to have each day (with leftovers for the weekend), and it will be something easy and I have

You can click on the "menu" tag to the right/below to see other menus.


Monday: Leftovers, green salad

Tuesday: Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas

Wednesday: Tomato and spinach pasta toss, salad

Thursday: Sweet and sour pork, rice, veggies. I think I'll make it without the breading and frying in oil. I'm also going to look for a recipe for the sweet-n-sour sauce.

Friday: Bloomin' Pizza Bread

Linked at:
IHeart Organizing

1 comment: