Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A trip to the [hundred] dollar store

January's challenge was to spend as little money as possible. Honestly, the first week of the month I bought some gift items for the coming year, then the rest of the month I bought only groceries while eating out of our freezers and pantry as much as we could. It was a pretty good month and I have a little more room in my freezer and cupboards.

Today, being the first of February, I went SHOPPING! I had run out of a few things I usually buy at Costco, so I restocked today.

First some bananas to hold us over until Bountiful Baskets on Saturday.
Eggs, because certain feathered girls seem to be taking a vacation.
Then a 5 lb bag of mozzarella (Friday night pizza) and a 5 lb bag of cheddar (quesadillas, tacos, grilled cheese sandwiches, chili topping, you name it).
I added 3 lbs of deli-style ham, 10 lbs of boneless, skinless, frozen chicken breasts, a skirt, two large bottle of maple-flavored syrup and LOOK! Look how compactly $101 of Costco purchases can be packed for an easy trip home in the trunk!
Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment