Thursday, February 2, 2012

A morning in Mexico

Dh and I went to northern Mexico this morning for his dental appointment. Getting specialty work done there is about 1/4 to 1/3 the cost for the same thing in our American city. I forgot my camera, didn't bring my iTouch, and can't get pictures off my phone, so all I can offer today is the parking lot ticket. We always park on the US side, then walk across. Conveniently, the dozens and dozens of pharmacies, dentists, and optometrists in Nogales are within an easy walk of the border crossing station.

On the way home we laughed as we watched a tumbleweed roll across the highway. Tell me if this sounds "southwest" to you: we were driving north from Mexico through an Indian reservation in the Sonoran desert, having just crossed a dry river gulch and a hillside of saguaro cacti when the aforementioned tumbleweed crossed our way. Yeah, we live in the southwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment