Monday, January 23, 2012

Muffins from Australia

Okay, just the recipe. I mixed the wet and dry ingredients separately before I went to bed. I used dry milk and mixed it into the dry ingredients. In the morning I broke an egg into the wets, mixed it up and combined the halves. I had fresh muffins out of the oven 25 minutes from my starting time. Who needs a boxed mix?




Marshmallow muffins
10 oz plain flour
6 tbsp cocoa
3 tsp baking pdr
3oz castor sugar
1 egg beaten
10 oz milk
2 1/2 oz melted butter
3 1/3 oz choc chips
2 oz mini marshmallows

preheat oven to 375F
sift together flour,cocoa,and baking pder.stir in sugar
beat together egg,milk and butter in bowl.
make a well in dry ingredients pour in liquid mix
Add choc chips and marshmallows
stir gently.

spoon into muffin tins
bake for 20-25 mins

That is the recipe as I received it. Castor sugar is finely granulated sugar, but I used regular. The quantities were a little hard for me to decide as I think my friend changed them from metrics for me and some may have referred to weight and others volume. I know, I know, I don't want to hear from anyone how crazy our American measurement system is because I dearly love it. I added the marshmallows by eye, since I knew 2 oz by volume wasn't much. I used oil instead of butter/margarine just to make it a little healthier. When I make them again, I'll add 1/2 tsp. salt. The batter seemed thin at first, but thickened right up. I used 10 oz. flour by volume (1 1/4 cups), and if I had done it by weight it would have been a little more. A variation for next time too. Some chopped walnuts would have been nice too, making it more of a rocky road muffin, but my littles wouldn't have appreciated that as much as I. As it was they loved these muffins. The recipe made 16 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment