Saturday, January 28, 2012

A day for reminiscing

Dh and I went back to our old town Friday -> Saturday because he had some business there he needed to attend to, and I wanted to see my older dd. Something of big note: it was the first time we had ever left our younger girls without either of us being there overnight. Almost 10 years and dh and I had NEVER been away overnight together without the girls! We left them in the very good care of Grama and Conor and everything went fine.

Going to the flea market in our old town is kind of a Saturday ritual, so we picked up dd, s-i-l, and grandson Zachie. Dh and s-i-l dropped dd, Zachie and me off at the flea market. As you can see, we will be adding to our family very soon.
I always like to look in these rows of boxes. Lots of inexpensive imported products, mostly junk, to be honest, but a few good deals in there. Zachie was great about looking at the toys and touching some, but not throwing a fit when we didn't buy anything. He's so sweet.
When you go to this area you have to buy fry bread. It's a local delicacy. ;-) (I think dd had some food in her mouth--her chin really is completely normal!)

And finally, I ran into my old next door neighbor at the market. She and her husband have been selling knick knacks there for about a year and a half. Their table was busy most of the time I was there, so it looks like they have hit on a good combination of things to sell. Unfortunately their cute son (that my dd C adores) was not there with them today. C would have loved to have seen a new picture of him. You just get his mother and me.
P.S. Do you like my muffler? It was made by my special Australian friend.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fabulous day all round and I LOVE your scarf. ;-)

    ReplyDelete