Friday, December 18, 2009

A store theft

And no, I'm not talking about all the great deals I get! Last night Grama watched the girls so dh and I could go to the Church cannery for a service project to benefit the local food bank. Then we did a little Christmas shopping. Dh wanted something at Walgreen's so he was looking at the back of the store while I was getting some cereal near the front. I saw the assistant manager come up to a young black man in a hoodie and ask if she could help him. I knew from the way she was talking that she suspected him of something. I was down an aisle when I heard her shout. There was no gunshot or anything like that, just quiet. When we checked out she told me he had picked up a CD player, then a large package of batteries and just walked out with them! She said she tried to grab them out of his hands and he told her to leave him alone and ran out of the store. She said she had actually broken company policy by trying to take the items away from him and wasn't going to call the police or do anything other than let the manager know in the morning. She said it is a common occurance in that store.

So sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment