Thursday, December 31, 2009

A not-so-fond farewell

. . . to 2009. It wasn't a very good year and I'm glad to see it go. There were family problems that were difficult, a hard move this past summer (we have too much "stuff"), a scorpion in the house, unexpected dissolutions of marriage, ill health in the extended family, and other yucky stuff.

That is not to say there was no good, because there was. We ended up in a house we love in a city we love. Our children are healthy as can be. Have I mentioned we have a swimming pool and dh has swum in it every month we've been here? Oh, only a dozen times you say? LOL I finished my first bed-sized quilt this year. I added another part-time job I do from home which involves my favorite commute--from the kitchen to the dining room office.

But as my friend Sara's mom said at the end of 1968, "Good riddance!"

I'm looking forward to a year with visits from old friends, the high school graduation of my youngest big kid, the baptism of my twins, a couple of sons' starting college, the continuation of dh's job that he loves, and watching my children grow. Bring on 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment