Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Perverse pleasure

One of the techniques I use to get excellent bargains is to use coupons. For those who haven't used coupons in a few years, you may not know the Internet coupon business is a big business in the US. You can print coupons from the Internet for lots of things on your shopping list. The disadvantage is you have to pay for the paper and ink. The advantage is you can often find a coupon for something you want to buy RIGHT NOW and don't have to play the guessing game of figuring out when a coupon may show up in a magazine or in your Sunday paper.

A sheet of coupons I printed out this morning:



Notice those scissors? A sewing expert will recognize them as Gingher knife-edge fabric shears. You know, the kind that you don't even cut the pattern paper with? Those are the scissors I use for cutting out all my coupons. And why would I do that to a pair of expensive fabric shears? Because I have another identical pair I use for fabric, first of all, but mainly because these ones belonged to dh's first wife and it brings me perverse pleasure to use them to cut out all my paper coupons. They are great scissors!

1 comment:

  1. OK, today was a lousy day as far as you know who is involved, and the scissors totally made me laugh. Thanks!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete