Friday, December 4, 2009

Busy again!

I thought today would be a little slower-paced than yesterday and it sort of was. I did have about 1 1/2 hours to lazily watch TV.

Firestone told me to wait at least a day before taking my car back to the state inspection station so after my mammogram I stopped in and picked up some tamales dh ordered and then went for the inspection. Failed again. I drove directly from there to Firestone because I had a guarantee it would pass at no additional cost to me. I took the guy's offer of a ride home and settled in to watch 18 Kids and Counting featuring the Duggar family. Nice family.

After the girls got home we took the safety net off the pool and I skimmed it and brushed down the walls and the bottom of the shallow end.



I tried to get the pool circulation and filter to start up but only dh knows how to force it to properly start. Sometimes I'm lucky and it starts and sometimes I'm not. Today wasn't one of those lucky days, alas, so I had to leave it for dh.

Then the girls and I walked the mile back to Firestone and had to wait about half an hour for the car. I guess they had to replace the intake manifold gasket. Okay, I'll bet gwp is the only one who knows what that is. I sure don't. Anyway, dh said their not noticing that the first time (and therefore not charging us for it) probably saved us $200-300. Since the car finally passed the on the third try, I guess it was worth my aggravation.

Naturally by the time I got the car back it was too late to take it to the DMV to register it. Next week is crazy busy so I won't get back over there until at least Friday. I thought I was so organized to start on this on December 2 and as it turns out although I'm frustrated, it's a good thing I got started early.

Pizza tonight since it's Friday. I got the dough started when I got home and it's rising now. Since we are working hard to finish off a ten pound ham, it probably isn't a surpise that it will be ham and pineapple tonight. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment