Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Clues as to what I didn't do today

I had almost all morning free today and had a flash of brilliance--get the minivan registered TODAY instead of waiting until the end of December when time runs out. I looked online to remind myself exactly where the DMV is, then called to find a place to do my vehicle inspection. Found out you can only go to the state-run place that is . . . conveniently on the street leading the the DMV. I gathered the van's title, former registration, and insurance card and set out. I easily found the inspection station, read and noted the big sign that said it was illegal to bribe an official and pulled in.

These pictures will show what happened next:


That was the Firestone place I took my van to so they could do something to the engine to make it pass inspection and next is the uninspiring choice of refreshments they offered. Not much for a non-coffee-drinking Mormon girl, was there?

And last, this is a self-shot as I walked the mile home from the repair place.


I have my van back now and my credit line has been reduced by a little over $500. That's not Loonies or Aussie dollars that aren't worth all that much, that's in Greenbacks, folks. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. It took a while for the pictures to load and I was hoping it wasn't going to be that someone smashed into the van or something.....

    We've got to buy tires for the truck soon. I feel you on the big casholas going out.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahem.................i feel I must set you straight.as of today...
    $500 USD = $542.278 AUD
    tut tut tut.

    ReplyDelete