Thursday, January 29, 2009

Something I never thought I'd like

I like getting up early. I get up five days a week at about 4:30 am. I was always a bed slug, loving to luxuriate in bed until at least 7:30 if I could get away with it, but NO MORE!! I think it's because my house is really noisy. We have a lot of hard floors and my three little girls are very loud. They are always talking, laughing, shouting, and singing. It's just a noisy place to live. So the 4:30 to 6:30 hour is . . . quiet. So very quiet that I don't know why all mothers don't get up like this.

Of course the down side is I have to go to bed surprisingly early. If I want my eight hours of sleep I have to be snoozing by 8:30 pm. That doesn't usually happen, but it does more often than you'd imagine. When the girls go to bed, so do I. I read or watch TV, then go to sleep. Honestly, 4:30 isn't early if I go to bed on time.

So here I am with my cup of Twinings lemon herbal tea, chatting away with my unseen friends.

2 comments:

  1. ahhhhhh sleep.............what a precious thing.I am always after more sleep......but I rarely get it.....

    I had to admit I loved going for a walk this morning at 6.30am.......it was so peaceful..........

    aussie hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I am awake at that time more often than not, because my body clock is working so well! One thing I want to keep in mind, and I am quite sure you have heard this already, is that the less we sleep, the more weight we will gain. It's good to have a bona-fide reason to take a nap or hit the sack early, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete