Saturday, January 24, 2009

Losing weight

I finally got sick of how I look and decided to get serious about losing weight. Again, ho hum. I decided to do it the Alli way and it seems to be working all right. I take one pill with each meal and something in it interferes with an enzyme or something that helps the body break down fat and use it. Thus, about 25% of the fat you eat passes through your body undigested. That's one part of how it works. The other part is that if you eat more than about 15 grams of fat per meal, it, um, passes through you rather unpleasantly. So knowing you're going to pay if you eat too much causes better food choices which also help with weight loss. I bought enough for two months and probably won't buy more, but I'm hoping by then I'll have gotten some new eating habits and will continue losing. Or maybe I'll keep buying it. It would be cheaper to just eat better, but it is a lot less expensive than Nutrisystem or especially Jenny Craig would be. I'd love to do one of those, but they're just more money than I want or can afford to spend right now. I've lost six pounds since I started just before the new year. Not a lot, but better than doing nothing, right?

2 comments:

  1. hi there!!
    my friend L did this.........and it worked very week for her.
    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am perpetually trying to keep some semblance of self control in this area. I just know that the WOW diet is best for me (Word of Wisdom) and that I must exercise daily if I don't want to gain weight, and especially serious exercise is needed to actually lose weight. I try not to think about the implications of this pattern as a lifetime necessity, because it can be rather discouraging to feel so locked in to a requirement like that! --sjp

    ReplyDelete