Sunday, January 25, 2009

New Sunday

I'm still getting accustomed to our new ward. When they made two wards out of three, our ward was the one that got split. We kept the name, and thus our callings, but everything else is still really strange to me. Instead of families scattered throughout the chapel, we have one to two families on almost every row. I know that is normal in other wards, but we had an average Sacrament Meeting attendance of less than 100 for a long time and I kind of got used to it. The good part is there are plenty of people for all the callings that an average ward has. Before the reorganization it was kind of like those little carnival puzzles I used to get when I was a child. You know the ones with 16 spaces and 15 numbered tiles and you had to move them around to put them in numerical order? That's how it was with callings before the change.

Happily, I hear there will be two new teachers in Relief Society. I'm the education counselor, so that's important to me! One will replace a departed teacher and one will replace a teacher who has also had a stake calling forever. Next Sunday is my turn to teach the Fast Sunday lesson. Since those come from the current month's Ensign I can never prepare too far ahead, but that's okay because they are usually pretty easy. I thought that part of the calling was going to be my downfall, but it's been all right.

Sacrament Meeting is going to be a challenge with the girls and no dh there. ~sigh~

No comments:

Post a Comment