Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I have to wait a little longer

I went over to the hospital today to take Holly's camera and freshly washed clothes back to her. I hoped I might get a little time to hold Baby Zach, but it wasn't to be. When I got there around 8:45 am she and the baby were sound asleep in a darkend room. I tiptoed in and left the package with the things in it, admired the baby in the dark, then pulled the door shut behind me. I left her a note telling her I'd stay out of sight while her father and step-mother are visiting the rest of the week and will see her after they leave this weekend.

I'm positively itching to hold that baby on my lap with his head down by my knees and his feet on my stomach and look him over and tell him a few things. I'll wait though.

Dh is fielding calls from headhunters left and right. It's strange but nice. I wonder where we'll end up?

2 comments:

  1. aww what a shame you didn't get another cuddle with him..
    I had to laugh when you said you are itching to put him on your lap.sooo sweet Grandma Kate!!

    hugs from tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Gramma A! It looks like you will be as addicted as I am to bonding with a new grandson! It's so much fun. Enjoy every moment!--Sara

    ReplyDelete