Monday, March 1, 2010

Dishwashers

Dh, the girls, and I went dishwasher shopping on Saturday. Ours leaves a white film on everything and doesn't get dishes very clean. We had a repairman out to take a look and he determined a water valve is sticking and therefore not enough water is getting into the tub. A repair is $100, but the dishwasher is a cheap one and we decided we'd rather spend some money and get a good new one.

I've always liked Bosch dishwashers because they do a great job. HOWEVER, Bosch currently has a snazzy detergent door . . . that I can hardly operate. I realized I'd be opening and closing that little door practically every day and if I had trouble with it daily, I'd grow to hate the dishwasher. So thanks to a poor detergent door design, I marked Bosch off my list.

After look at all the different brands and models and comparing prices, I think we've settled on the KitchenAid KUDS30IVWH in white. Yes, white. I know most people are putting in stainless steel these days, but the other appliances in our kitchen are white, so we are going to do away with the stainless steel one we have now and go back to white.

My favorite feature of this dishwasher is a power scrub in the lower back. You place a dirty dish, like a casserole dish or cake pan, at an angle facing the lower back wall. A bunch of jets are supposed to BLAST the pan clean. That would be really helpful for me with the way I cook!

The only rub in this whole thing is that the US government and the State of Arizona are offering rebates for EnergyStar replacement dishwashers "sometime" this month. The rebate will be either $75 or $125 and I'd really like to get that, so I'm waiting to see what happens with that since the rebate is not retroactive.

No comments:

Post a Comment