Monday, March 29, 2010

Blubbering fool today

It started with an email from my LDS women's email list. A woman (Diana) told how she taught a lesson to the children yesterday about how Jesus Christ has felt every bad thing you have ever felt. She pulled a little three year old onto her lap and asked her if she had ever been sick. Yes. She told the child Christ had felt EXACTLY as she had. Diana repeated with an older child who had done something and felt guilty afterward. Christ felt EXACTLY as that child had. Then Diana had her adult son tell briefly about the death (suicide, although he didn't say that part) in February of his younger brother and Diana told how awful that was and how it hurt when that happened, and how Christ felt EXACTLY as she had. She said the children were touched as were the adult teachers, and before the end of the lesson all the adults were in tears. I was in tears just reading it when I read her explanation of how she suffered when her son died.

Just now I came out of the bedroom after showering and dressing and my three daughters were watching the video of ds's wedding in October 2008. That would be the marriage that ended in annulment in December 2009 by the wishes of his wife. I don't know exactly where the girls found the DVD, but I couldn't watch it, although it is a beautifully done video. Such promise and happiness. A marriage of families, not just the couple. So much potential and so little reason for the break up.

I hope today gets better.

1 comment: