Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A slice . . . five days early

My friend in Australia wrote a blog entry about all the odds and ends she accomplished one day this week. She takes nice, sharp pictures of most things she writes about and included a picture of her "slice" (third picture down). Uh huh. We slice things with knives, we eat a slice of cake, but we don't "make a slice" here in the U S of A. That is unless we beg for the recipe.

L sent me a link to her friend's blog with a recipe for No Bake Muesli Bars featured. See?? BARS, not SLICE. Hehe.

I had a small luncheon to attend today and was asked to bring a dessert. I decided to make L's Slice because it looked easy and I had everything on hand for it.

It was really easy to make and was delicious. I cut up . . . um . . . "sliced" it into pieces and piled them prettily on a plate and covered them with plastic wrap. Then I went grocery shopping.

When I arrived at my friend's apartment I realized I'd need to bring in some things to hold in her freezer, so I called her from the parking lot. I don't know why, but instead of asking if she had room in her freezer, I said hello and asked if the luncheon were today. She pleasantly said, "No, we moved it to next Monday." Oh. Yeah. Now I remember that change. I said, "Great! See you Monday!"

I laughed at myself and drove home. I'll think of something else to whip up Monday. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment