Sunday, February 21, 2010

Olympic musings

1. Canada is putting on a wonderful show.
2. Evan Lysacek is a hottie.
3. Torah Bright is LDS.
4. Practically every athlete from a developed country has Ultra-Brite teeth. They must have gotten a group rate.
5. I had no idea curling was Canadian's second favorite sport after hockey.
6. Watching the luge/skeleton/bobsled runs makes my stomach a bit sick. Three LDS in those sports also.
7. Shaun White looks androgenous.
8. Most of the figure skaters' costumes have gotten out of control.
9. Why should the male figure skaters have to do a quad?
10. Most countries' national anthems are nice and zippy.
11. I have never seen the blue lines on the snow before, yet in some footage from a race in 2007 I saw them. When did they become standard? I think they are a wonderful idea.
12. If I could learn any of the sports I've seen and be good at it, I'd like to learn to snowboard. Curling comes second. I like the slow-mo slide and release.
13. The Great Gretzky is getting old. Me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment