Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Brown Baggin' It

I make my daughters' lunches for several reasons: they are picky eaters, they eat a small quantity of food, and I can pack a lunch for at most half what the school cafeteria charges. Do I enjoy packing lunches? Not really, but as someone pointed out, I have to make lunch for them regardless of where they eat it, so does it really matter whether I make it the night before and put it in a bag vs. make it at 11:30 am to be eaten immediately?

This lunch met with mixed success. I made turkey wraps.First was a layer of ranch dressing (should have used a bit more because I could hardly taste it), then the meat, and last a lettuce leaf. I rolled it up and stuck it with a couple of toothpicks because 1) they're easy and 2) the girls like them. Each girl had half a wrap. I added the rest of the lunch and sent the girls off with them.

The mixed success part was that two of the three girls brought most of the wrap home, along with 1:3 bags of mandarin oranges, 1:3 bags of fruit snacks, and even 1:3 Girl Scout cookies! Oh well. The positive part was that my mom and I thought the 1 1/2 wraps we ate for lunch were really delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment