Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I'm not getting to it all

I have too many things going on and some of them are needlessly unimportant. Is "needlessly unimportant" even a real phrase?

I have my regular part-time job. I have my irregular part-time job. On days I have them both, I work about seven hours. Not a ton of hours, but they are spread out and pretty much go from 4:50 am to 5:30 pm.

The Olympics are fascinating and so easy to spend a lot of time watching them. I want to see Yu Na of Korea skate but haven't found where she is in my DVR recordings yet. My students are gaga over her and I hear she is expected to take the gold.

My children are in school full-time, but during their at-home hours they are all over me. Very often at least two of the three want my attention right.now. There is other "stuff" going on at home that also takes a lot of my attention. Lucky, lucky me that dh is pretty self-sufficient. He is the easiest part of my life right now. What a great husband he is.

Then there is the shopping and laundry and cooking. No one likes my cooking much these days except me. Shopping is a real game for me and if I had just a tad more time it would be more fun. Laundry is stacking up which is rare for me as it's my favorite household task. Did you notice I didn't mention actual house cleaning? Haha. There is only a bare minimum of that going on right now.

I'm a moderator on a forum I've frequented for years. The boss has asked the moderators to kick up their participation a notch. It's coming at a time when I've considered dropping off the forum all together, but I decided for now I'll rise to the occasion and increase my participation. I also agreed to be a moderator on a shopping forum. That one pays a bit in the form of gift cards and so forth. That will probably start this week.

My magazines sit mostly unread. The newspaper gets read 4-5 times a week. I plow through the mail and see that all the bills get paid.

I guess I'm getting a lot done but it doesn't feel like it. Whine, whine, whine. Now I'm done whining and I'm off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment