Friday, April 24, 2009

Why do I bother?


Why.do.I.bother?? My house is like a daycare center with kid things everywhere, but I try. I really do. I want a touch of something nice now and then, here and there. One of my (very) few luxuries is Bath & Bodyworks lotion and soap. Last night I came in to my bathroom to find the almost-new wallflowers (air freshener) glass unit completely empty and the oil all over the counter. I cleaned it up.


Ten minutes ago I knocked in the hall bathroom door to see what S was doing in there. She guiltily answered, "nothing," so I opened the door. She had the entire bottle of peach hand soap mixed with a sink full of water and was dipping a bath towel into it. So much for that nice bottle of soap. I don't have anything left to put in there except a bar of soap so I guess that's what the girls will be using. Until they dissolve it in a sink of water, I guess.


Then as I was typing this, this is what popped into the office:

For me. ~sigh~ And as my favorite line in "The Best Two Years" goes: "That's why I'm here . . . that's why I'm here."

1 comment:

  1. sigh......kids will be......well kids.....
    AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH
    It would have peeved me something terrible though.......

    ReplyDelete